Thursday, May 15, 2008

My Travelling buddy the I-pod


While living in Europe I found it incredibly easy to travel. There are trains connecting almost every country in central and Eastern Europe. You can also take the Euro Star from London to either Paris or where I lived Lille. With the travelling freedom that Europe offered I was mad not to see all I could but it was not so easy to find a friend who was Justas keen. So I took along the one thing I could always count on to keep me company my I-pod

While sitting on the train or plane I was never bored. I never felt awkward travelling on my own because I had my I-pod. It gave me a sense not being on my own. I could easily put my earphones on disappear into my own world.

I remember a specific trip when I went to stay with a friend who was working in Austria. I took a plane from Paris to Munich which was not so bad however, the trip from Munich to Saalbach was terribly long and the train stopped at every small town that existed. If I did not have my I-pod to listen to I would have died of boredom. Listening to my music and watching the funny little Austrian towns go by made my five hour journey pass so quickly.

That is just one of the occasions where having my I-pod with me was my saving grace. It kept me from gong insane on all my trips. Even ignoring my brother or a screaming child on the train was all possible thanks to my I-pod.

It was the most useful thing I could ever have bought!

No comments: